Sign in to follow this  
Suspop

Where do I buy this oil for a good price

Motul 8100 X-CESS 5W-40

(I'm not changing oils)

I know there is a lot of threads on this, but I'm really getting sick of paying Repco $76. Plus their is no current threads with valid specials etc. And frankly I don't know of any places that sell it for much better.

I'm pop'n $76 like every 4 months...

So?

Ive gone from motul to royal purple :D

Get it from performance lub cheap too

Yeah but I'm with JustCar. Have no connection to RACV. Unless you can get free memberships lol??

Royal Purple is more expensive from what I've seen... what price are you getting it at

I don't want to change oils so often, probably not good for the motor.

Also, I don't rate it better...

You can either buy in bulk 20L from wholesalers or use performancelub and change brand of oil.

Sometimes pays to ask your local store's manager if there is any discounts available for being a regular or a club card setup.

pm 180athid, i believe he is a motul rep for melbourne area.

and repco always do 20% off for racv membership, not just this month. even ask them nicely and they will sign you up to a repco only trade card

^ yeah they all stock it man? It's just all a ripoff price at those places.

$76 for the 5L one.

Since I'm at it.

Those with oil coolers. Do you bother to drain the oil out of there too? Been doing it too. Think it's slowly stuffing up the sealing abilities

Go Valvoline Durablend 10-40 = $40 at Repco

I've used this oil and had no problems with it at all, held up alright after a track day also.

it sounds like you're pretty anal, changing to a different oil will do no harm to your motor if its still a good oil. and dont drain your oil cooler, ur going to fk the seal on it soon enough.

I need motul oil too does anyone sell em cheap online?

I've used this oil and had no problems with it at all, held up alright after a track day also.

I just changed to this.

This was the underdog oil that fared very well in that Street commodores oil comparison and bearing testing.

Beat Penrite, Castrol + Nulon.

$40 bucks, semi synthetic - you can't go wrong!

in the next coming months i will be offering club specials through 2 retails in Vic most likely will be a Auto-barn

at the moment best way to get it is with either a 20% entertainment voucher at autobarn OR RACV through repco :)

Na guys, I don't want semi, I want full.

I was gonna go Royal 10w40, but everywhere I looked it was a lot more. Yet it's the same BS...

On

http://www.performancelub.com/Royal%20Purple%20pricelist.htm

$14x5 = $70, plus delivery? = about the same...

When I'm nice they take off $3/4 off Motol anyway, so for oil that's relatively hard to find in general, I don't know if that ^ is worth it.

Kemp,

Na most definatly it will not. But over a very long period of time, it'll maybe have some kind of small effect. Maybe.

180athid,

I joined ya group. Keep it update when ya doing a group buy.

But what's this 20% entertainment voucher?

it sounds like you're pretty anal, changing to a different oil will do no harm to your motor if its still a good oil. and dont drain your oil cooler, ur going to fk the seal on it soon enough.

Don't ya worry, I've already done this and replaced them twice... Haha. I was searching online for some kind of release mechanism.

Problem is, the position the cooler is in. All of it is under the oil filter adapter plate, so everything in the lines and in it, is still old oil when I change the oil.

Solution, just change oil more often I guess.

??? Also keen on this 20% voucher thingo ... Valid in sa ?

Suspop - buy 5l castrol cheapo 10-40 for 12 bucks from repco and flush the whole system

Yeah it's a street car. But I've gone through the effort to buy all this other good stuff. Not gonna skimp on engine oil.

^^^^ plus one .... That's why you hear ppl have all sorts of problems because they cut corners and skimp out on vitals